Are you ready to stop renting and start owning your own home? A survy of 400 real estate professionals found that these are the most important tips for homebuyers. Here they are!
1. Get a home inspection to evaluate the safety, overall condition of your new home.
2) Before you start house hunting, get pre-approved for a mortgage loan.
3) Direct all communications with the seller through your real estate agent.
4) Get the seller to put every component of the deal and any verbal agreement into writing.
5) Include important contingencies, such as financing, and property inspections with your offer.
6) Come up with a realistic wish list - what you can afford in terms of house size, neighborhood, and amenities.
But here's the top property for homebuyers: WORK WITH A REAL ESTATE AGENT!
Real estate agents are...
- Pricing experts! Agents will know if a house is overprices or underpriced.
- Financing Whizzes! Agents can help you understand your many financing options.
- Master Negotiators! Agents can get you the price and terms and conditions you want.
- Skilled House Hunters! Agents know of unlisted homes for sale and have personally visited many listings.
-Paperwork-tacklers! Agents can easily tear through 100 pages of closing documents.
For more tips about home buying, or to schedule a consultation, contact me today!
Your Local Real Estate Expert,
Nissou Realty Group